Read on to learn about how to send WhatsApp messages from MultiLine Messaging app in Microsoft Teams.
The MultiLine Messaging app from Microsoft Teams allows you to send WhatsApp messages and group messages.
Before you start
- The MultiLine Messaging app is an add-on purchase and requires your company to enable it for you. If hasn't been enabled, you will not be able to use the app.
- WhatsApp messaging is an add-on purchase and requires your company to enable it for you. If it hasn't been enabled, you will not see the feature available in the app.
Send a WhatsApp Message
You can send a WhatsApp Message from the new message icon or from contacts details.
Send from New Message
- Select the New Message icon at the bottom of your message threads.
- Select WhatsApp.
- Start typing the name (if the person is in your Contacts) or number of the person you want to send a WhatsApp message.
- If you're messaging with the user for the first time select Confirm to send the Opt-In message. This requests permission to message the contact. The user has 24-hours to respond before you can send a reminder message.
- Once the user replies you can send a message. Due to WhatsApp Business Messaging policies, you can freely message the user for 24 hours after which you will need to send a template message.
- Draft your message and then select the send icon.
Message from an existing message thread
- Use the search bar to search for user you want to send a message to.
- Select the user, and then select the WhatsApp icon.