Learn how to add users and send them invitations that they use to activate their MultiLine service.
To grant users access to multiLine MultiLine invitations contain user credentials and a password to use for MultiLine activation. Users must activate MultiLine on their device every time they install or reinstall the application. If users lose their invitation, you'll need to send them a new password. See Getting Started with MultiLine for the user experience.
You can add users directly in the portal, or you can upload multiple users at once using a CSV file. You can also add users and invite them to MultiLine immediately or save the information to invite them at a later time.
Before you Start
- An admin must have "Accounts" Privilege in their Role in the organization to do these instructions. See What Admin Privileges are in Management Portal?.
- If you would like to customize the email invitation, you should do this prior to this step.
- If your users need custom permissions, you should create those prior to this step.
- Sending an invitation requires there to be an Available or Reserved number to be assigned to the user account.
From Accounts, you can add accounts individually, or upload multiple accounts using a CSV file. Either way, first go to the Accounts tab, and then click Add Account.
Add a single account
You can add a single user directly in the portal by using this procedure.
- Enter the First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the Email or Device # that the invitation will be sent to.
- Optional: Click the Assign Number link.
Note: If you do not assign a number, end-users will have the option of to select from a short list of available numbers during MultiLine activation.
- Choose a number or tag from the drop-down menu. (Example above: "PORTED")
- Select the User Permissions to which to assign this number. (Example above: "default cos for org 2000")
- You can add the user and invite them to use MultiLine immediately, or add the user and send the invitation to use MultiLine at a later time.
- Select Save to add the user without sending the user an invitation to use the application. Note: You will use the "Resend Invitation" process when ready to invite the user to MultiLine.
- Select Save & Invite to add the user and send the user the invitation to begin using MultiLine.
Note that the available fields on this screen will vary based on your organization's setup.
Add multiple accounts
You can add multiple accounts at once by uploading a CSV file using this procedure. If you are uploading users in multiple organizations, or multiple permission groups, create a separate .CSV file for each organization or permission group.
- Select the Multiple Accounts tab.
- Download the .CSV template from the instructions.
- Edit the .CSV template in your editor of choice.
- Fill out the details. See "Table of CSV values" below for more information.
- Delete the "Note" with instructions.
- Return to the Multiple Accounts screen.
- Select from the Choose Organization drop-down, the organization for this upload.
- Select from the User Permissions drop-down, the User Permissions group for this upload. See Create user permissions for more information.
- Select the Upload button and then select your CSV file.
- You can import and invite users to begin using MultiLine immediately, or import them and send their invitation to use MultiLine at a later time.
- Select Import to add the users without sending them invitations to use MultiLine. Note: You will use the "Resend Invitation" process when ready to invite the users to MultiLine.
- Select Import & Invite to add the users and send their invitations to begin using MultiLine.
If you do not set primary_number in the CSV, end-users will have the option to select from a short list of available numbers during MultiLine activation.
Table of CSV values
|firstname||optional||Used to set user's first name|
|lastname||optional||Used to set user's last name|
|email address or device||mandatory||Accepts standard email address or phone number||Must be email if using Digital Safe SMTP|
|social_messaging||mandatory||Yes / No|
Yes: enables social messaging (WhatsApp, WeChat, and LINE)
No: disables social messaging
|multiline_number||optional||Used to set the MultiLine number||Must be an Available number and not allocated to another organization|
|monitor_calls||mandatory||auto / off||auto: records calls|
off: does not record calls
|monitor_sms||mandatory||on / off||on: records SMS|
off: does not record SMS
|forwarding_number||optional||Accepts values between 4 to 18 digits with country code|
Used for accounts that do not have voice calling enabled
|restrict_incoming_social_messaging||optional||Accepts true / false||Column only included in the CSV if the organization is configured with Social Messaging;|
Value only applicable when social_messaging is set to "Yes"
Use resend invitation to send invitations to users to users you have previously invited or to send invitations to the first time for users that you added without inviting.
- Select the checkbox next to the User Name.
- Click Resend Invite.
- The Resend Invite button stays active both in the Accounts as well as the Administrator pages, irrespective of whether the numbers are available or not.
- Moving the pending invitations from one organization to another will not be allowed if the destination organization does not have enough numbers to onboard.
- If a pending invite (without an assigned number) is moved from one organization to another, and if the destination organization does not have enough numbers available then the Move button gets disabled. On selecting the destination organization an error message "Unable to move account(s). You do not have enough numbers available in the selected organization" appears on mouse hover.