Yes. MultiLine has an embedded real-time spam filter. The service intercepts calls that are likely spam and routes them to MultiLine voicemail.
- Every phone call to a USA MultiLine number is scored in real-time against a spam-scoring AI filter. Any call that is flagged as a potential spammer is intercepted and sent to voicemail without ringing the user's phone.
- Together with our network partner in the USA, Movius has implemented the STIR/SHAKEN protocol. It provides an additional layer of protection.
- STIR/SHAKEN is an industry-standard that dramatically reduces the number of spoofed calls.
- When the network flags a potentially spoofed call MultiLine will intercept it and route it to voicemail so it does not ring on the user's phone.
- To prevent calls from numbers that are potentially spoofed from leaving a voicemail, these calls are screened and must press "7" to leave a voicemail. This ensures that in the case of a false positive, real callers will be able to leave voicemails, but robocallers will fail the challenge and be unable to leave a voicemail.
- Our network partner in the USA has also implemented an AI-based text spam filter.
- Movius can work with our customers to define customer-specific controls.
Spam is an unfortunate reality of mobile communications, but there are several strategies we use for MultiLine that work to reduce the amount of spam received, and features for our users to help combat spam calls that still make it through these measures.
When people retire their numbers, carriers take these numbers for a period of time and shut them off. This causes the systems spammers and robo-callers use to identify the numbers as inactive and remove the numbers from their systems.