Read on to learn about sending and replying to messages with WhatsApp Messaging Connector.
The WhatsApp Messaging Connector allows compliant WhatsApp messaging directly inside MultiLine.
- MultiLine users can send WhatsApp messages to contacts, and they can read and reply to WhatsApp messages on the MultiLine messages screen alongside SMS and Voicemail messages.
- WhatsApp users receive messages from the MultiLine user as coming from an official WhatsApp business account.
Before you start
- Your organization has to enable WhatsApp Messaging Connector for it to be available in MultiLine. If not, you won't see the green WhatsApp messaging icon.
- You must add users to your contacts before you can send them a message.
- To start messaging a user you haven't messaged before, you'll need to request consent, and the user must reply with consent for the conversation to proceed.
- Due to WhatsApp Business policies to prevent spam, after a 24 hour lapse of conversation, the MultiLine user must use pre-approved template messages to re-initiate conversations.
Messaging a WhatsApp user for the first time
You can start a new WhatsApp conversation from the Contact Details page. You'll be able to freely message this person until there has been a 24 hours since the last message. After which, starting new messages will require sending a template message.
1. Find the contact from your Contacts tab and tap to open the Contact Details.
2. The WhatsApp message icon will display next to messaging and calling icons.
3. The first time you send a message, you'll be asked permission to send the opt-in message. Note: the WhatsApp user must reply to the opt-in message to affirm their consent before you can proceed to message.
4. After sending the opt-in message, a new WhatsApp messaging thread is created that you can return to any time by going to your Messages tab. The green WhatsApp icon will distinguish WhatsApp messages from other message types.
5. After the guest provides their consent, you can freely message the user until there has been 24 hours since you or the guest has sent a message. Note: A guest can always freely message you.
Replying to WhatsApp messages
You can reply to a WhatsApp message by tapping the WhatsApp icon from the Contact details page, or by finding the message thread in your message history. If it has been less than 24 hours since the last message, you can message freely, but otherwise you will need to send a template message.
Sending a template message to start a new 24 hour conversation session
Once 24 hours has passed, you will see a message letting you know that you need to use the template messages to restart the conversation. You can send a template message at any time.
1. Tap the template icon to see the list of available messages.
2. Tap the message you want and the message field will populate with the text. Click the Send icon to send the message.