Welcome to MultiLine WhatsApp Messaging connector!
If you're being granted access to WhatsApp messaging for the first time, you may see a prompt letting you know the feature has been activated. Click OK to dismiss.
Send a WhatsApp Message
The WhatsApp Messaging connector lets you send messages to WhatsApp contacts directly to your contacts from the MultiLine application.
Send a WhatsApp message
- Open your contacts and find the person you want to message.
- Click the green WhatsApp icon.
When you message a user for the first time, you'll be prompted to send them an opt-in message. This is required to begin messaging, so click Confirm.
- The contact will receive the messages natively in their WhatsApp application.
- The contact must accept the Opt-In for the conversation to continue.
WhatsApp conversation histories are stored on your Messages screen with a WhatsApp icon. You can reply to the conversation in your list, or you can open your contacts and find the person you want to message.
Send a WhatsApp Message Template
When a WhatsApp contact doesn't reply to a conversation for 24 hours, the ability to type new messages to the customer is turned off. This is a policy of the WhatsApp/Facebook to prevent people using business accounts to spam, harass, or advertise to WhatsApp users.
After a customer hasn't replied for 24 hours, you'll see a message letting you know and telling you to use the Message Templates feature.
Message Templates are short, non-transactional, non-promotional messages that your organization gets pre-approved by WhatsApp ahead of time.
Send a Message Template
- Click the Templates icon.
- You'll see the list of templates to choose from, tap a message to select it.
- The message will enter the field, click the Send button.
- Your contact must reply to the message for a new conversation session to begin.
- Until then, you'll still be limited to sending message templates.