Read this to get started with WhatsApp Messaging Connector
The WhatsApp Messaging Connector allows compliant WhatsApp messaging directly inside MultiLine.
- MultiLine users can send WhatsApp messages to contacts, and they can read and reply to WhatsApp messages on the MultiLine messages screen alongside SMS and Voicemail messages.
- WhatsApp users receive messages from the MultiLine user as coming from an official WhatsApp business account.
- Engage with clients on their preferred consumer messaging channel
- Help unify and bring together mobile voice and multiple messaging channels in a single, convenient user experience
- Ability to record and archive all conversations over voice, SMS, and WhatsApp within MultiLine for surveillance and compliance
- All conversations are captured and can be automatically be sent to existing compliance archive and logged inside CRM
- Call, SMS and WhatsApp – all within MultiLine app
- Shared messages inbox containing SMS and WhatsApp messages threads
- Supports one-to-one messaging between MultiLine App and external WhatsApp users
- Enforce mandatory opt-in from WhatsApp user
- MultiLine app detects if WhatsApp is not enabled for the receiving user and offers an option to send SMS
- Supports data loss prevention feature with ability to redact or block WhatsApp messages as per business defined policy
- Optional recording of all WhatsApp messages (with recording add-on)
- Support for iOS and Android
Before you start
- Your organization has to enable WhatsApp Messaging Connector for it to be available in MultiLine. If not, you won't see the green WhatsApp messaging icon.
How it works
Step 1: MultiLine user sends the first message to WhatsApp user from MultiLine.
User clicks WhatsApp message icon:
MultiLine asks if the user would like to send the opt-in message:
MultiLine sends the opt-in message:
Step 2: WhatsApp user receives a mandatory opt-in message that lets them know the MultiLine user wants to chat.
Step 3: If accepted, a 24 hour conversation session begins. The users can freely message each other.
Step 4: Starting a new conversation session
WhatsApp users may always start new conversation sessions by sending a message. To prevent spam, after a 24 hour lapse of conversation, as a WhatsApp business account user, the MultiLine user must re-initiate conversations using pre-approved template messages. These messages are evaluated ahead of time to make sure they abide by WhatsApp Business policies.
Comparison to other available options
- Background Recording Agents snoop on all data and network traffic on the user phone. Our WhatsApp Connector respects the user phone privacy and never accesses private use of the phone.
- Modified WhatsApp apps are unapproved clones that add the recording feature. Our WhatsApp connector is approved, and abides by all WhatsApp policies.