Read on to learn how an Admin can enable WhatsApp Messaging for users.
You can enable WhatsApp Messaging by Organization or by User Account.
Before you start
- An admin must have "Setup" Role in the organization to do these instructions. See What Admin Roles are in the Management Portal.
Enable WhatsApp messaging for an Organization
- Log into the MMP.
- Navigate to the WhatsApp sub-organization.
- Go to Setup > Feature Settings > WhatsApp Messaging.
- Review the details and then check the box to Enable WhatsApp Messaging.
If you see a yellow Inherited label, that means you are in a sub-organization of an organization which has WhatsApp Messaging enabled, and therefore WhatsApp Messaging was enabled its sub-organizations.
You can uncheck Enable WhatsApp Messaging to disable it for the sub-organization. This will disable its sub-organizations as well. Admins of those sub-organizations will then be able to enable it if needed.
Onboarding users in the enabled organization will automatically have the WhatsApp messaging feature when they complete their onboarding.
Existing users will see a pop-up in-app letting them know the WhatsApp messaging feature is available for use.
Enable or disable WhatsApp messaging for individual user
- Log into MMP.
- Go to Accounts.
- Find the user and click the edit pencil.
- To enable WhatsApp Messaging switch the WhatsApp Messaging toggle to on (green checkmark). To disable, switch the toggle to off (grey 'x' mark).
- Click Save.
You can retrieve your WhatsApp message reports from the Management Portal in Reports > Activities > Messages, just as you would SMS messages.
How to pull WhatsApp message reports
- Go to Reports then to the Activities page.
- Choose Messages.
- WhatsApp messages are indicated by the green WhatsApp icon.
|Field||Description of Use|
|Type||You can narrow your search to:|
|Keywords||Narrow your search to Name, Email, Device #, or group id|
|From/To||Narrow your search to messages from or two specific numbers|
|Date Range||Narrow your search within a start date and end date|
|Mode||Narrow your search to messages sent over TDM or data|