Credentials to sign in to MultiLine Desktop are in the MultiLine invitation.
- New MultiLine user
- Your MultiLine Desktop credentials will be sent to you by your IT admin in a MultiLine invitation by email.
- Use the same username and password for activating MultiLine and logging into MultiLine Desktop for the first time.
- Click the link to access the MultiLine Desktop web portal (pin the tab or save it to your bookmarks bar for easy retrieval).
- Existing MultiLine users
- Your organization's IT admins will provide you the unique URL of your MultiLine Desktop web portal (pin the tab or save it to your bookmarks bar for easy retrieval).
- You can use the same username and password from your MultiLine invitation to log into MultiLine Desktop.
- If you've lost your MultiLine invitation:
- Set a new password by using Forgot Password
- Request your IT administrator to send you a new one.
When you log in to MultiLine Desktop for the first time, you'll be asked to change your password for security purposes. Note: Continue to use the password in your latest MultiLine invitation whenever you need to reactivate the MultiLine mobile app.
You receive MultiLine invitations from your company or organization's IT administrators. Movius representatives cannot send you invitations.
You see a "No Numbers Available" error screen when you attempt to activate MultiLine.
For you to receive the number you will use for calling and messaging in MultiLine, your organization needs to purchase or free up a number for you to use.
You must contact your company's IT team and inform them you saw this error.
When you try to make your first call you may see the below error:
This is because we are required to get your E911 address from you before we can provide the calling service.
To resolve, go to Settings > E911 Address and click Add Address. Enter your address information into the fields. Your ability to call will be enabled when complete. See Update your E911 Address for more information.
There are two reasons you may need to resync your contacts: you're using multiple devices or browsers, or your organization policy forces the sync to expire.
Using multiple devices or browsers
- We must request you sync your contacts each time you use a new device or browser. Because we respect the privacy of your contacts and have not uploaded or stored them anywhere, each device and browser has its own Index Database that we use to sync your contacts.
- Once you sync your contacts for a given device or browser, you should not be asked to sync again.
For security purposes, some organizations may occasionally force your sync with Desktop and other applications to expire. If you have questions about this, contact your IT administrator.
Many web users were bothered by nuisance audio coming from web sites that automatically play when a page is loaded, such as that from videos and advertisements. To address this, Chrome and Safari browsers added a feature that blocks audio by default from web pages if the page or tab is refreshed, but not clicked on by the user.
Therefore, if you haven't accessed the MultiLine Desktop tab since the last time it refreshed (for example, if you closed and restarted chrome and loaded your tabs from the previous session) the ringing sound will be blocked. However, you'll still be able to see the visual notification of the incoming call.
To unblock the ringtone from being played, open the tab where MultiLine Desktop has recently refreshed and click anywhere within the MultiLine Desktop application and this should ensure that the ring sound will play.