You can choose from three sources for adding contacts. You also have options for sorting and displaying the contacts.
1. Native Contacts
- Most MultiLine users select the Native Contacts option so that a single Contact List is maintained for simplicity.
- Choosing the Native Contacts option retrieves the Contact List from your native device for use in MultiLine.
- Any changes made to your Native Contact List (adding, renaming, deleting, etc.) will be reflected in MultiLine, and vice versa.
2. Local Contacts
- This is the default selection when the MultiLine App is loaded.
- Choosing the Local Contacts option will store your contacts within the MultiLine app.
- You can choose to do a one-time import from your native device and/or manually add contacts yourself.
- If you do so, subsequent changes will be stored as Local Contacts. There is no automated syncing between the Native and Local Contact Lists.
3. Exchange Contacts
- Choosing the Exchange Contacts option will retrieve your contacts from the corporate exchange database for use in MultiLine.
- Any changes made to the corporate exchange will automatically be reflected in the MultiLine app and vice versa.
- You'll be able to search for any contact from the Global Address List (GAL), your company’s list of all employees. However, the GAL will not show up in the list of contacts for performance reasons.